As our Senior Buyer you will be supporting the region (Europe), including direct interaction and coordination with suppliers (indirect and direct) in support of P&M Operations, and liaise with project teams.
- Track, report, and performance of Sourcing's KPI's and Margin Improvement Initiatives
- Support daily operational requirements by prioritizing procurement shortages.
- Contact suppliers by phone or email to negotiate lead times and place or expedite purchase orders.
- Update purchase orders with new contract delivery or current promise dates
- Closely monitor supplier performance to manage any required recovery plans / actions.
- You easily interact with suppliers, engineering, and operations to create solutions to meet delivery.
- Initiates Supplier Reviews and occasionally assist with supplier audits.
- Support the achievement of operational excellence and fulfillment goals across commodities and across sites.
We expect that you:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or extensive experience in procurement including sourcing.
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Lead experience
- Fluent in English
- Are a hands-on team player
- Are quality focused
- Are continuously looking to improve your way of working
- Have good communications skills, both spoken and written
- Like challenges, are creative, and take initiative to get the job done
Son en Breugel, Noord Brabant, The NetherlandsAbout Us:
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more