Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The position will support the North America & Canada Natural Gas Supply and Trading organization (NA&Can CNG).
S&T GSAT CNG team, located in Buenos Aires, provides support to Midstream operations by overseeing the accounting behind commercialization of natural gas from origination sources to the marketing terminals, as well as accounting for all product traded with third parties partnering in the Oil & Gas industry.
Building a comprehensive understanding of the end to end processes in scope (from operations through accounting) will be key to ensure Analyst success in role.
In this position, Analyst will have the opportunity to:
- Collaboratively work -on a daily basis- with S&T CNG front office personnel, including Traders, Schedulers and Operations' specialists, as well as Houston Finance office.
- Walk through a learning journey about the uniqueness of Supply and Trading Business, including industry standards and product flow through supply systems.
- Exercise/Improve communication skills to meet customers' high expectations
- Strive to deliver exceeding results in a very dynamic business, producing timely value-adding data to feed the Business' decision-making process.
Main responsibilities of the position are:
- Validate and process Product purchase and sales, and primary & secondary costs invoices
- Analyze and address volume and price discrepancies with customers/vendors
- Strive to have a solid understanding of contracts and system terminology to ensure independency in the resolution of discrepancies
- Generate/Monitor daily exception reports
- Initiate customer/vendor creation requests to enable timely payment/billing process
- Perform Accounts Reconciliation and reconcile inventories
- Perform Month end close closing tasks
- Continuously seek for optimization opportunities throughout the process
- Perform Derivatives (futures/swaps/options) monthly accounting activities which requires margin calls bookings, delivery of reports to Financial and Trading Senior Management, perform account reconciliations and provide balance variance explanations.
Compensation & Benefits
- BASSC pay and benefits are designed to be competitive and meet the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer:
- Competitive base pay
- Annual incentive award (bonus)
- Work from home and flexible schedule options
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- Family Health Premium Plan
- Day Care Subsidy
- Educational Assistance Program
- English Lessons
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Award Program
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.