Skills: Accounting, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Moscow, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We have a job opening for an energetic, responsible individual with strong skills in financial analytics to join BP Russia Commercial team! The person we are looking for is someone with high interpersonal skills who is also keen to improve and develop.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for economic analysis to support BP Russia with new business development opportunities, investments into existing joint ventures, reserves assurance, and other projects on as needed basis. Commercial Analyst will assist Head of Finance and Commercial Lead in stated activities as well as will be expected to be an active contributor preparing presentations for regional and group executives.
Commercial Analyst position will report directly to Commercial Lead.
- Support Commercial Lead and Senior Commercial Analyst in performing economic analysis and preparing board level presentations for existing JVs and new business development opportunities;
- Build and operate advanced economic and financial models;
- Support business development work stream and Upstream Functional activities (i.e. Reservoir Development and Exploration);
- Work with the Technical teams to analyze technical inputs to the economic models, e.g. production and cost profiles;
- Support exploration team in evaluating prospects;
- Provide economic analysis for annual evaluation of petroleum reserves;
- Provide necessary and sufficient economic analysis to key decision makers.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics/Finance or technical discipline
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 2+ work experience in Economics/Finance, specifically experience in building and operating economic models
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Advanced MS Excel user, with ability to work fast, e.g. knowledge of shortcuts, advanced formulas, macros/VBA
- Experience in building simple databases
- Recent experience in using VBA, Python, R;
- Working knowledge of PowerBI;
- Knowledge of Agile techniques and practices.