JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage a group of area engineers providing project management and operational/commercial support for Targa's Badlands (North Dakota) system. Area engineer responsibilities are generally summarized below:
- Size and specify mechanical equipment, including separators, filters, tanks, heat exchangers, air coolers, pumps, compressors, and dehydrators. Select appropriate piping and vessel materials, diameters and thicknesses to meet design requirements. Size and specify relief devices, control valves, and regulators.
- Provide technical support to operations (including troubleshooting, debottlenecking and optimization, maintenance projects, Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance, PHA participation and action item resolution, DOT compliance, etc.) Possess knowledge of midstream process controls and instrumentation, including controls narratives and cause & effect matrices.
- Design gas and liquid pipelines, meters, compressor stations, pump stations and oil terminals. Possess ability to interpret and design Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), Plot Plans, Piping Plans, and Piping Isometrics.
- Develop crude and single and multi-phase gas hydraulic models and gathering system evaluations.
- Develop station process simulations and material & energy balances using ProMax software
- Develop scope of work/for-bid packages for engineering, construction, and commissioning activities. Track/forecast costs and milestone schedules and regularly communicate progress to project stakeholders.
- Possess fundamental knowledge of midstream gas gathering and processing operations, including pig liquids handling, compression, glycol and desiccant dehydration, hydrocarbon recovery and condensate stabilization
- Possess knowledge of codes, standards, regulations and best practices applicable to the midstream industry (including API, ASME B31.3/4/8 and VIII, DOT 192/5, NFPA, etc.)
- Complete projects through the entire project lifecycle, including provide feasibility studies and FEL cost estimates to commercial; generate AFE's; perform detailed engineering and design; scope, bid, and manage construction and commissioning contractors; as-built drawings; and participate in pre-startup safety reviews
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Targa's Badlands system (hydraulics, compression, pumping, treating, processing, and crude storage)
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders (operations, construction, commercial, engineers, land/ROW, EHS, supply chain, accounting/planning, etc.).
- Possess strong knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations related to midstream business (including API, ASME B31.3/4/8 and VIII, DOT 192/5, NFPA, etc.)
- Pursue continuous improvement by identifying and managing optimization projects to enhance safety, compliance, reliability, and/or operating margin.
- Ensure all Targa engineering & construction standards are met and followed; assist with the development and/or improvement of various Targa engineering & construction standards.
- Ensure State, Tribal, Federal, and Targa regulations and policies are adhered to within area of responsibility.
- Manage asset engineering efforts to ensure complete, accurate, and effective engineering support is provided to Targa Badlands customers.
- Review project cost estimates & scope prior to commercial submittal; monitor cost & schedule performance throughout project execution phase; support startup & commissioning activities.
- Develop asset short-term and long-term capital expenditure forecasts.
- Support, train, and develop area engineers.
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from 4-year accredited University.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience, including midstream gas/crude gathering & gas processing project management, operations, and/or engineering role(s).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders and organizations; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Regular and reliable attendance; willingness to travel to off-site field/corporate locations at least 25% of the time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including midstream gas/crude gathering & processing project management, operations, and/or engineering role(s).
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Ability to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.