- Provide assurance to total project cost estimates along with auditing contractor and engineering estimates to ensure appropriate cost target setting.
- Support and facilitate Monte Carlo-type cost risk assessments.
- Provide rough order of magnitude, conceptual, preliminary, and detail estimates to onsite project teams.
- Local Cost Benchmarking - Help maintain historical cost database and apply learning for improved project performance.
- Be familiar with scope development best practice and fit-for-purpose parametric, conceptual material takeoff (MTO), and detailed MTO estimating techniques.
- Implement Whiting estimating policy, procedures, processes, guidelines, tools, and templates.
- Support external estimating reviews and IPA benchmarking exercises.
- Support Business/Portfolio Management Team.
- Actively utilize the local cost database to measure project estimate performance.
- Identify, analyze, and respond to project opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
- Maintain compliance with BP Published Guidelines and Common Processes as it relates to estimating and controls.
- Support project teams with stage-gated process and deliverables.
- Work with Project Team resources to complete all closeout requirements including lessons learned exercises.
- Support Contracts group and Contract Account Manager in developing strategy for programs and individual projects
Essential Experience & Requirements:
- Ten or more years of extensive experience working in a project portfolio environment.
- Team leader experience, demonstrated ability to develop team members
- Track record of delivery of strong business results, with complex and competing priorities.
- Reasonable experience in project roles
- Deep technical experience in cost estimation practices for projects
- Oil & Gas experience is desirable
- Experience in AspenTech software is desirable
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- BSc(Hons) in Quantity Surveying or Engineering related degree
- RICS or AACE Certification/Affiliation
- Relevant qualification in project management, project cost control or estimation desirable