The Business Analyst maintains monthly margin and forecast models for the NGL Logistics & Marketing business units. These models are used to collect, analyze, and communicate segment financials to executive management in the monthly Flash meeting and yearly Planning cycle. The Business Analyst provides insight to earnings related to NGL Logistics & Marketing and will assist in the validation of entries in Targaâ€™s transactional/accounting system for accuracy and consistency with contracts, inventory positions and analyses. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide business planning, financial forecasting and variance reporting for NGL Logistics & Marketing.
- Develop monthly earnings forecasts and annual budgets for designated business units.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting with an audience to include senior and executive management.
- Provide analytical support to NGL Trading, Distribution, and Centralized Deal Entry for transaction validation and corrections relating to inventory, pricing, and contract terms.
- Work independently with other business analysts to identify, implement, and verify intercompany transactions.
- Work with Accounting to research, explain, and resolve margin variances.
- Work with Corporate Planning to update and merge corporate forecasting models for use in public disclosure statements.
- Work with Business Development to interpret contract terms for model implementation and system verification.
- Perform additional analytical work as needed.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (MS Excel) & intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks with tight schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional business groups to resolve discrepancies and implement solutions.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting rules and processes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Analytical skills appropriate for economic model development and interpretation.
- Working knowledge of RightAngle.
- Related years of industry experience in Downstream NGL and /or NGL modeling/analysis field.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.