Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Surveying
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Data Analyst's primary duty will be as a key AUV data analyst. The position exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV survey projects such as AUV survey data collection and processing and quality control. In addition, this person shall make sure all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly, and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mobilizing survey gear and vessel networks.
- Maintain AUV processing logs.
- Coordinating and communicating with AUV Offshore Manager for planning of survey operations and data quality and processing.
- Working with AUV Offshore Manager to ensure AUV computer equipment is setup and maintaned.
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by AUV Offshore Manager.
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory of company equipment, specifically AUV lab equipment and consumables such as data storage media.
- Responsible for daily communication and QC of data quality.
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Participate in daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Participate in AUV Launch and Recovery operations.
- Participate in Geophysical survey operations.
- Understanding of AUV Operation and limitations.
- Assisting with and maintaining reports.
- All other duties assigned.
- Two or more year degree or 3 years of sytem administration experience.
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements.
- Four year degree or higher.
- Proficient with AUV and other survey software.
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others.
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience.
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions.
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate).
- Be able to perform basic field calculations.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service.
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner.
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality.
- Respond politely to members of the community.
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers.
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision.
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.