Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The purpose of the Project Contract Manager role is providing Contract Management support in the execution of Europe Integrated Well Services Projects outside Norway.
This is a key strategic role within the Project Management Team and Project Management function.
The candidate will be instrumental to drive a rigorous strategy and approach to the Project Contract administration, Change Management, Claims, Contract Deviations, Schedule changes, identification of project risks and opportunities, etc.
The position reports operationally to the relevant Project Managers and functionally to Regional Contract Manager and will be based in Aberdeen.
- Review and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Contract. Ensure full Contract/Risk info are handover during internal transfer from ITO to OTR Project team
- Assisting the Project Manager on all contractual communication with the client, along with the project team preparing the impact and scenario schemes
- Work in collaboration with the project teams to administer and ensure adherence to contract policies applicable to design, procurement, construction, etc.
- Challenge status quo approach to contract project execution and drive effective best in class contract execution processes with focus on profitable growth and margin enhancement
- Provide contractual analysis and interpretation on project commercial issues and drive to successful resolution and closure. Monitor performance to contract terms.
- Lead Contract Change Order management. Create and manage a contract activity log to track status and deviation through contract execution by partnering with the project execution team. Implement metrics and identifycontract performance issues
- Prepare claims for various issues, including extension of time, corresponding financial losses escalations, loss of Productivity, deviations from tender document, execution of additional items and project acceleration. Ensure timely submission of contractual notifications / deliverables
- Identify Project margin target and maximize via variation process. Recovery of lost delivery schedule time via variation process. Efficient management of variations and agreement before Project Close-Out. manage contractual claims and counterclaims in relation to the customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Perform project risk assessment and suggest mitigation measures at various stages in the project lifecycle, including commercial negotiation, preparation of agreement documents, and administration of Contracts during project implementation
- Continuously evaluate and quantify the risks involved in the project from ITO hand over to project closure.
- Contractor/Suppliers and Insurance claim recovery. Co-ordinate with Project stakeholders like contractors, suppliers, etc. to ensure that all relevant parties are aware in advance of potential claims
- Draft contractual letters, replies and notifications. Develop and implement settlement strategies and agreements.
- Ensure appropriate insurance policies are in place for assigned projects and pursue and obtain insurance claim recoveries.
- Maintain contract management documentation and electronic files, including contemporaneously obtaining and filing back-up documentation for delays, claims, back-charges and rejections.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Prior contract administration and claim management experience.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills in contract terms and conditions interpretation and development.
- Solid understanding of Business Law fundamentals.
- Personal computer and software experience including preparation of complex computer graphics presentations.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Prime contract commercial experience (domestic and international).
- Construction claims negotiation experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with turnkey's, multi-service contracts
- Previous PM experience with an Operator and/or Oilfield Service Company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more