Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Black Powder Solutions (BPS) is seeking a Technical Sales Advisor with a proven track record for establishing and managing relationships in the oil and gas sector, up and down the value chain. BPS offers the pre-eminent solution for removing black powder contamination from hydrocarbons, hydrocarbon derivatives, and water. We design and manufacture patented magnetic separator systems for removing black powder contamination from pipeline and facility installations throughout the world.
What You'll Do
Your primary responsibility will be driving sales; harvesting your existing network, cultivating new leads, and nurturing existing customer accounts. Your focus will be driving technology, product and brand awareness in the US Gulf Coast, as well as furthering our sales reach. A strong passion for our customer-oriented solutions, combined with a relentless drive and strong personal integrity are essential values for this role, and will ensure your success.
- You will proactively suggest solutions utilizing our technology for existing and new facilities and pipelines, develop proposals in response to RFPs/RFQs, work with our quotes team to help drive sales, and ultimately close sales and lease transactions.
- Develop a detailed understanding of black powder contamination and BPS magnetic separator system technology.
- Constantly drive for heightened awareness of our technology and product offering.
- Get to know existing customers, understand how they've deployed our technology and identify approaches and solutions to further address their needs.
- Prospect and outreach to your existing network for sales leads.
- Help identify target customers outside your existing network and pitch them on our value proposition.
- Travel to and provide presentations at customer facilities and offices within your sales region.
- Periodically conduct presentations at seminars, trade shows, product demonstrations and similar events.
- Remain up to date on market and regional trends pertaining to contamination issues in pipelines and facilities.
- Build and maintain awareness of competing products and services, and monitoring competitor activities.
- Provide customer and conference recommendations to our marketing team to help drive expanded outreach.
- Utilize available sales management tools to track and drive efficient sales practices.
- Help build customer case studies and white papers to support marketing efforts.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or similar technical education. A formal degree may be substituted with industry experience in filtration and pressure vessels, processing, refining, fractionation, or pipeline operations.
- with a degree, at least 5 years of direct industry experience;
- if only industry experience, at least 10 years of industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of facility processes in oil, gas, refined products, storage, shipping and/or petrochemicals.
- Demonstrated professionalism and relationship building in customer interactions, and a solidified industry reputation.
- Ability to work alone and largely unsupervised with the initiative to drive your own results, as well as get along well with others and work as part of a larger team.
- Top notch spoken and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor and trusted solution provider.
- Ability to travel up to 30% in the region.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends if required.
What We Offer
- Fixed monthly salary (TBD)
- 5% sales commission
- Oil & Energy
- Business Development
Black Powder Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.