Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Arab Emirates
Our client is looking for a Senior Safety Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill
Supporting the Safety Engineering TA in ensuring all MAH risk is suitably managed in accordance with UK regulatory requirements and company specific criteria. Promote safety engineering best practice and apply / maintain company technical principles.
- Provide technical safety / safety engineering expertise, advice, support and technical challenge to Operations, Projects, Well Engineering, New Development and Business Development to ensure compliance with relevant regulations, industry good practice and company specific criteria (corporate/group standards & guidance).
- Support Safety Engineering Leader (Technical Authority) in maintaining key documentation (e.g. Performance Standards, procedures, studies, drawings etc.) and in responding to internal / external safety engineering queries.
- Provide temporary cover for Asset Lead Safety & Integrity Engineer, including:
- Organise, facilitate or participate in Operational Risk Assessments (ORAs), HAZOP, HAZID, and other safety engineering reviews including preparation of reports/technical notes for same.
- Provide advice to ensure relevant safety engineering statutory reporting requirements are carried out.
- Support in the updates to formal risk assessments, QRAs and Safety Cases / COMAH Reports (managing Thorough Reviews) and other relevant statutory documentation.
- Represent safety engineering discipline in modification reviews.
- Responsible for writing related procedures, memos, specifications, studies and technical reports related to safety engineering and for performing peer review on such deliverables / internal HSE documents.
- Manage work undertaken by external safety consultants for specific safety engineering studies as required: develop statements of requirements, provide technical guidance regarding working practice/timescale of work and review deliverables.
- Liaise and communicate with specialists in external agencies (e.g. HSE) if required.
- Proactively identify safety engineering issues/problems to be addressed and by working closely with other disciplines and identify solutions for consideration.
- Proactively audit and take part in assurance activities relating to MAH management.
- Relevant and appropriate major accident risk industry experience (oil and gas / chemical / nuclear, etc.)
- Educated to degree level in a scientific discipline and preferably hold or working towards a Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Is a Chartered Engineer or equivalent or working towards chartership
- Can demonstrate comprehensive safety engineering related knowledge of current and emerging UK and EU regulatory requirements and oil and gas industry trends
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques and experience