Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client, is looking to recruit Design Engineer, on a staff basis in North Aberdeenshire, to work as part of a design team in seeing conceptual designs developed from ideas through drawing, justification to codes and standards, manufacturing, testing and support of field technicians.
* Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Chartered status with IMechE or similar would be an advantage
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge:
* Competence in AutoCAD, Inventor
* Competence in Ansys or other FEA packages
* Competence in MathCAD
* Experience in a design engineering environment
* Knowledge of Oil and Gas related product design, pipework's, installation and operation
* IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
* Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage
* Relevant tool and equipment design in either subsea equipment and mechanical systems would be advantageous; or downhole tooling with experience in plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms.
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Team Leader, Lead Design Engineers & Project Technical Leads
- Working under the guidance of the SE/Team Leader and Lead Design Engineers, assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities
- Provide support for Draftspersons, Trainee Draftsperson & Graduate Engineers
* Ownership and Accountability
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken
- Ownership and responsibility for drawing completeness and demonstration of fitness for purpose of all drafting tasks undertaken
- On time delivery and execution
- Checking of drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Responsible for managing and delivering company and departmental objectives
* Risk Management
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans and review with SE/Team Leader
* Design Reviews
- Present technical proposals & designs at concept and detailed design reviews relating to but not limited to drafting.
* Design Tools
- Familiarisation and efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, MathCad etc.)
- Provide design support to other company functions as required
- Provide design support and guidance for the manufacturing, assembly & test
- Carry out site surveys - onshore & offshore
Bringing over 60 years of experience to the market, Petro People provide both tailored Recruitment Services and Upstream & Downstream Project Engineering & Management Solutions to the Oil & Energy Sector.
Petro People provide a tailored Recruitment Service to our clients globally and have amassed over 60 years of experience working exclusively in the Oil & Energy industry.
Using our 7 Stage Collaborative Model, we are perfectly positioned to support you in both permanent and contract positions onshore or offshore.
Based in the Oil & Gas capital of Europe, Petro People provide a full Turnkey Project Engineering & Management Service to our global Upstream & Downstream clients.
Whether we provide a full Project Management Team or a single discipline engineer, our experienced personnel form a crucial part of our clients operation and together they ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget and fully achieve the intended requirements.
Project Management including Support & Planning
Project Teams & Personnel
Brownfield and Greenfield FEED & Engineering Services
Construction & Pre-fabrication
Commissioning & Decommissioning
Logistics & Mobilisation
Recruitment & Payroll Solutions
Offshore Drilling services
SPS & UWILD Projects
Upgrade, Repair & Modification Projects
Stacking & Reactivation
Petrochemical / Refinery Project Personnel
Plant Upgrade / Repair or Modification projects
Commissioning & Decommissioning Services
FEED & Engineering Services
Please visit our website for more information on our Recruitment or Project Services.
Part of the Maxwell Drummond Group