Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client, is looking to recruit Design Engineer, on a staff basis in North Aberdeenshire, to work as part of a design team in seeing conceptual designs developed from ideas through drawing, justification to codes and standards, manufacturing, testing and support of field technicians.
* Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Chartered status with IMechE or similar would be an advantage
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge:
* Competence in AutoCAD, Inventor
* Competence in Ansys or other FEA packages
* Competence in MathCAD
* Experience in a design engineering environment
* Knowledge of Oil and Gas related product design, pipework's, installation and operation
* IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
* Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage
* Relevant tool and equipment design in either subsea equipment and mechanical systems would be advantageous; or downhole tooling with experience in plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms.
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Team Leader, Lead Design Engineers & Project Technical Leads
- Working under the guidance of the SE/Team Leader and Lead Design Engineers, assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities
- Provide support for Draftspersons, Trainee Draftsperson & Graduate Engineers
* Ownership and Accountability
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken
- Ownership and responsibility for drawing completeness and demonstration of fitness for purpose of all drafting tasks undertaken
- On time delivery and execution
- Checking of drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Responsible for managing and delivering company and departmental objectives
* Risk Management
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans and review with SE/Team Leader
* Design Reviews
- Present technical proposals & designs at concept and detailed design reviews relating to but not limited to drafting.
* Design Tools
- Familiarisation and efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, MathCad etc.)
- Provide design support to other company functions as required
- Provide design support and guidance for the manufacturing, assembly & test
- Carry out site surveys - onshore & offshore
Established in 1981 in Aberdeen, Carlton Resource Solutions (Carlton) is a recognised local, national and international recruitment solutions provider. At Carlton we understand the importance of values such as honesty, integrity, candour and professionalism and believe that because of this our customer service is second to none.
Yes, we have an extensive candidate database with candidates across the globe.
Yes we have consultants who will be happy to discuss your needs – but as far as we are concerned, by far the most important thing is not just that we are knowledgeable and proficient in what we do, but that, above all, you can trust us to do exactly what we say; provide the individual service you require, and deliver it in a professional and courteous manner.