Skills: Inventory Control, Purchasing
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Stena Drilling are one of the world's leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs, have operations located worldwide.
We currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity for a Senior Buyer, to form part of our new business unit in the USA, based in Houston, Texas. The main duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to -
- To work in accordance with the Company and Department's Objectives and Procedures.
- To procure, hire or repair goods, materials and services for use within or by Stena Drilling.
- To review Field Requisitions received to ensure that they are properly authorised and correct in accordance with Department Procedures.
- To ensure all Requisitions and Purchase Orders are account coded correctly.
- To ensure correct Certification is supplied where necessary.
- To ensure all returns from rig are actioned in a timely manner.
- To ensure all equipment for repair is sent to supplier and weekly updates are obtained on status of repair.
- To ensure rental equipment is given priority when returning to supplier.
- To satisfy the requirement of the requestor in a timely and cost effective manner - to negotiate with suppliers for best possible price and lead times.
- To ensure all urgent requisitions are actioned in a timely manner and all concerned are aware of status.
- To ensure the urgent equipment spreadsheet is kept up to date & distributed to all concerned on a regular basis.
- To maintain good communications with requisitioners and to ensure that they are appraised of requisition status.
- To assist Rig with preparation for following year's budget submissions, by obtaining quotes and completing necessary Budget Submission Sheet as required.
- To ensure Rig Manager is aware of any high cost orders that will not be completed/closed out by year end and will need to be accrued.
- To adhere to our 'Approved Supplier' procedure, no suppliers to be added without approval of the Procurement Manager.
- Ensure electronic document filing system is maintained and kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Adhere to approval levels as per current company Power Reserve List.
- Supervise and delegate work to Assistant Buyer.
- Assist Procurement Manager with Global and Local Frame Agreements.
- Expedite Open Purchase Orders and Invoices.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies or Purchase Order changes required verifying any additional costs or changes required are accurate and correct.
- Liaise with Freight Forwarder as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
Suitable applicants should ideally have -
- Minimum High School Education
- Good administrative skills, including the use of various computer systems
- Suitable experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Good Communication skills & time management skills
- Positive 'service attitude'
- Systematic & conscientious approach to work
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisation qualities
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of drilling industry & associated equipment
Desirable experience in offshore industry (Drilling Contractor experience preferred)