Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company offers an opportunity as Service Supervisor. Forms an integral part of the crew involved with the offshore workscopes of BJ Tubular Services working under the direction of the BJ Senior Service Supervisor. Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner in line with BJ safety, quality and operational procedures.Essential Responsibilities:
- To perform the duties of a BJ Senior Service Supervisor if required.
- To supervise the night shift crew when required.
- To maintain regular contact with the Sales & Operations Co-coordinator/ Operations Co-coordinator at all times with agreed holiday periods.
- To inform the Sales & Operations Co-coordinator/ Operations Co-coordinator immediately of any inability to perform operational duties.
- To arrive at specified point of departure fully prepared for both offshore travel and forthcoming operations before the check-in time as directed by the Sales & Operations Co-coordinator/ Operations Co-coordinator.
- To carry valid passport, R.G.I.T., Medical Certificates and any other necessary means of identification
- To understand and adhere to all the customers safety requirements.
- To understand and re-set all safety shut down devices on Zone II units.
- Perform all pre-job equipment function checks, including running up tongs and units.
- Rig up all types of hydraulic power tong, snub line and torque gauges.
- Connect hydraulic hoses from power units to power tongs and any other pieces of BJ hydraulic equipment to be used.
- Check and/or adjust power tongs and associated accessories for correct operation.
- Check and/or adjust hydraulic back up pressure (back up tongs only).
- To be capable of inspecting API and Premium connections.
- To discuss the running of the job with Company Representative.
- Any other duties or functions as directed by Supervisor.
- Ensures full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant Company/ customer HSE Handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Actively ensures that his/ her own health & safety and the health & safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.
- All Supervisors are required to come into the office periodically to upload the most recent operations procedures and equipment manuals.
- Good Engineering aptitude
- Good Technical Background
- Competent Supervisory Techniques
- Relevant years experience
- Makes own decisions in the day to day running of a project, seeking advice or approval as appropriate.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more