Skills: Environmental Engineer
Other Skills: Air Quality
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Air Quality Consultant
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus car/ car allowance and excellent benefits package
PASSIONATE ABOUT AIR QUALITY?
We are looking for an Air Quality Consultant to join our team of industry leading experts, providing high quality technical guidance and innovative solutions for a diverse client base on behalf of Bureau Veritas.
The role will include routine and pioneering assessment work, and implementing specialist approaches to enable us to provide a holistic and high quality service. The role will equip the right individual with the demanding technical skills needed for atmospheric dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial emissions; knowledge and understanding of the Local Air Quality Management and European legislative regimes and knowledge of monitoring strategies and methods, and insight into the needs of the environmental impact assessment regime for UK planning and development proposals.
- Play an active role in the delivery of an annual Consulting Group Plan
- Conduct research and provide guidance to clients
- Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards and guidelines and technical developments within the relevant field
- To respond to requests for client work and proposals
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to participate in regular project reviews
- Draft technical consultancy documents
- Be exemplar in client management and relationship building
- To respond to requests for client work and proposals
- To follow all financial procedures in the delivery of projects
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients and team members within the Consulting Group
- Ensure the use of the Consulting Group technical tools and methodologies in delivery of projects to the standard set
- Adhere to site safety practices where site work is undertaken
- Contribute to a rolling forward Consulting Group forecast to provide visibility of future work load
- Monitor individual utilisation versus targets and activity manage optimal utilisation
- Monitor and report on KPIs specified by the Consulting Group Manager
- Contribute to support team working
- Ensure full implementation and use of the competency framework
- Deliver against key personal and divisional KPIs
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Previous air quality consultancy experience
- An understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and mapping software (e.g. MapInfo, Surfer)
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality
- High level of personal drive and commitment
- Full UK Driving license.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes;
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands; and
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.