Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
An opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic candidate to become part of our Supply Chain Group within our Logistics Department. This position would be suitable for someone with a minimum of 4-5 years' experience in a similar role and offers on-the-job training. Based in our Jandakot facility in Perth, you will be working in a challenging, varied, fast paced and flexible environment. Your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Under direct supervision, responsible for the movement of domestic and international goods in compliance with local and international law
- Ensures goods are correctly recorded, properly packed and shipping instructions are followed in compliance with company practices
- Coordinate with internal and external customers in preparation of goods for shipping.
- Liaising with freight forwarders and hauliers daily.
- Create documents required to ship goods to end destination according to shipping instructions.
- Dealing with imports and exports
- Obtaining quotes for domestic and international shipments
- Dealing with dangerous goods shipments and ensuring they are compliant with the relevant regulations
- Working closely with our procurement and warehouse teams to maximise cost containment and efficiencies on ordering / shipping
The successful applicant will bring to the position the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level preferably in a supply chain discipline
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Capable to work autonomously when required and meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills are mandatory with an ability to proficiently use Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- SAP experience would be advantageous as would any experience in shipping and handling dangerous goods and IATA/ IMDG qualifications.
- You must possess a hard working attitude and show a willingness to learn.
- Candidates must be Australian citizen or permanent resident and be living in the Perth area .
- Candidates must be willing to travel to other locations in Australia to undergo training and at times for the role .
- Candidates must be able to provide or obtain a Federal Police clearance.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
15 Marriott Road, Perth, Western Australia, 6164, Australia
Requisition Number: 80668
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.