Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Technician, Workshop
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is for an engineering and failure analysis (FA) technician in Schlumberger's Houston Conveyance and Surface Equipment (HCS) Technology Center. The technician will be responsible for engineering testing, equipment troubleshooting, initial failure analysis, and feedback to manufacturing for rework and corrective action. Testing and failure analysis will be performed on Wireline Cables produced at HCS, under the direction of engineering but a high degree of self-direction and a sense of ownership is expected. This will be a hands-on position supporting manufacturing and field/customers on a day-to-day basis. Nearly the entire work shift will be spent in the test and manufacturing area. Technician will need to be detail oriented due to the complexity of the products. The ability to read schematics, drawings and understand technical documentation is required. The technician will need to think critically and develop an understanding of what corrective actions have been effective with particular failure signatures.
• Perform engineering tests in compliance with applicable procedures and standard work. Set up and conduct routine and non-routine tests.
• Ensure all inspection and test activities are conducted safely. Participate in creation and review of Hazard Analysis and Risk Control for these activities.
• Collect, organize and prepare short reports on data from tests, including analysis and conclusions.
• Work with engineers and technicians on the set up, performance and data reporting for non-routine and complex tests.
• Assist in designing tests and fixtures and their set-up.
• Perform failure analysis of wireline cables.
• Write failure analysis reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Associates degree in electronics or materials sciences is desired.
• Experience working with cables used in Oil & Gas industry, optical microscope, measurement instrumentation, test fixtures, computers, and electronic instruments is preferred.
• Dexterity; for example, can handle tiny objects with tweezers.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and able to write failure analysis reports using Word and PowerPoint.
• Individual must be self-motivated and be able to organize and manage his/her daily work with minimal direction.
• Individual must have strong interpersonal/teaming skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.