Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Participates in the design and development of web applications, back-end APIs, and data persistence layers.
This position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX, or may work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains cutting edge web applications.
- Contributes to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, and data layer.
- Solves complex problems.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and other team members to derive appropriate solutions.
- Develops and maintains Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3+ months' experience developing web applications.
- 3+ months' experience with HTML/CSS.
- 3+ months' experience querying and persisting databases.
- 3+ months' experience with source control (e.g. Git).
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus.
- Experience with React a big plus.
- Experience with GraphQL (particularly the Apollo stack).
- Experience with Node/NPM.
- Experience with Material Design and Material UI.
- Experience with both NoSQL and Relational databases.
- Exposure to Azure/AWS.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Passionate about UI/UX.
- Expertise with responsive design.
- Experience working within Scrum methodology.
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes, build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing.
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes.
- Strong analytical skills - problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms.
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English).
- Team player who has opinions and listens to others.
- Passionate about software development and willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Sees the merits and perspectives of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses.
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.