Baker Hughes is seeking an experienced Mobile Web and Software Developer to contribute to a fast paced product team. The successful candidate will work on HTML based UI/UX design, mobile web server implementation and related software development activities. Software development for custom control systems based on C++ may be required. Other aspects of the position could involve planning and implementation of embedded Linux. Technical writing, interaction with internal teams and some minimal amount of travel may be required.Essential Responsibilities
- Develop Node.js embedded server applications
- Develop and maintain 'C' and 'C++' source code modules, including corresponding unit test code
- Plan, design and document new firmware functionality in a team project environment
- Configure, build and test Linux based embedded OS platforms such as Yocto, Ubuntu for a single board computer.
- Maintain Visual Studio (C++, C#, VB.NET) based PC Applications
- Manage and maintain bug and work item lists
- Work with existing source code control systems, bug trackers and source analysis applications to ensure software quality
- Generate product documentation including tech briefs, FAQ lists, product manual contribution and training documentation
- Complete projects within a stage-gate development process
- 2 year Diploma or 4 year Bachelor Degree from a relevant post-secondary program
- 4+ years of software development.
- Strong software debugging skills using integrated environments and debug tools
- Familiarity with software documentation, clean coding standards and high reliability development skills (Agile, TDD, Unit Testing)
- Familiarity with software source control concepts, bug tracking and workflow
- Strong teamwork skills to accomplish group goals
- Web development experience related to mobile devices
- Automated UI testing experience
- Familiarity with Node.JS, Zero MQ
- Programming experience in key languages including C, C++, C#
- Experience with IIOT device deployment
- Experience with Embedded Linux OS platform and application development,
- Familiarity with SVN, GIT, TFS tools
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills, required to generate technical and product documentation along with documenting software functionality and technical support.
- A background in Electronics theory or design would be an asset.
Oklahoma City, OK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more