NES is currently helping Teck Resources. We are currently seeking Mine Operations Supervisors to work near Sparwood, BC. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead and motivate individuals in achieving operating targets and maximize employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Manage and optimize truck, shovel, drilling, and blasting functions to maximize production and minimize operating costs
- Oversee pumping activities around the mine
- Manage and supervise contractors as needed
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, and mine and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Understand mine plans and mine maintenance activities and liaise with other shift supervisors, engineers, and maintenance personnel in coordinating mining activities in an efficient manner
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required by the Senior Supervisor
- Provide back-up coverage for the Senior Supervisor
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Minimum of three years of experience leading the operational activities in an open pit mining environment
- Possess a valid open pit Shift Boss certificate
- Exposure to the Wenco Dispatch System is considered an asset
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet tight timelines, and positively contribute within a dynamic team environment
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and energetic with a strong interest in continuous improvement
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.