Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Successful candidate will have proven electro-mechanical abilities with ability to apply sound engineering principles to develop and perform test processes (equipment and procedures), engineering analysis and technical model development, and design/modification, automation, repair, and maintenance of existing equipment. Candidate will have familiarity with general-use sensors and measurement techniques (pressure, temperature etc.), low voltage analog and digital circuits, data acquisition / automation / communication, general machine and fabrication shop processes, and laboratory methods. Projects require a high degree of mechanical, electronic and computer aptitude and innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create/update Solidworks mechanical models.
• Documenting existing device or new device design.
• Fabricate/machine/assemble parts using in-house machining and/or fabrication equipment.
• Design/update/trouble-shoot/repair low voltage (
• Design and fabricate panels, wiring and generate documentation.
• Build an effective XXX.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering or engineering technology, preferably mechanical/electrical. Consider chemical and petroleum disciplines.
• Must be self-directed and able to prioritize goals/responsibilities.
• Must possess good presentation and organizational skills.
• Must promote, contribute and comply with the QHSE culture and be willing to stop-the-job if substandard issues are observed
• Ability to see new automation paths for equipment, data reporting, and routing
• Excellent hand-on mechanical/electrical skills with ability to design, operate and maintain equipment (including HTHP)
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.