Reporting to the Global Early Engagement Director, the Global Commercial Manager has responsibility for developing, and managing the Commercial team within the matrix framework of the EE Organization, including building up the processes and systems necessary to win and execute Early Engagement projects including performance measurement and performance review.Essential Responsibilities:
- Early engagement is an outcome driven collaboration with customers through a focused and proactive approach to the front-end space of an oil and gas development. It requires a holistic view where a 'systematic' approach to design is deployed. This requires a robust understanding of project value drivers, key technical challenges and overarching parameters including reservoir performance and subsurface profiling, flow assurance boundary conditions and system operability, environmental conditions, constructability, design life and intervention requirements, and abandonment and decommissioning frameworks.
- Reporting to the Global Early Engagement Director, the Global Commercial Manager has responsibility for developing, and managing the Commercial team within the matrix framework of the EE Organization, including building up the processes and systems necessary to win and execute Early Engagement projects including performance measurement and performance review.
- He / she will also be required to support Customer Engagement teams with Technical support and as such and together with the rest of the EE Leadership team will ensure that he /she is fully informed on OFE capabilities.
- To define the core competencies / roles and responsibilities of his/her global team, recruit, and develop as necessary to meet demand and future growth projections. This will include but not be limited to functions such as study manager, project support functions, cost controllers and planners.
- To develop / own the commercial systems to underpin EE, based on agreed EE strategy. Working closely with the Commercial heads of the OFE product lines; this will include developing / implementing capture planning processes and proposal management
- To support Customer Engagement teams with Commercial / Technical support and as such and together with the rest of the EE Leadership team will ensure that he /she is fully informed on OFE capabilities.
- Support Early Engagement proposal /tender activities
- Provide support as required to the other Commercial teams within BH
- Ensuring the work is performed in accordance with BH Quality Management Systems
- Proven Experience of working within the front-end space of the Subsea sector of the upstream oil and gas market.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with extensive / proven years of experience
- Practical knowledge of business development, tender planning and execution
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering project management process with emphasis on the front-end space.
- Proven technical understanding of Subsea Production Systems
- Demonstrable depth of experience in leadership within a multi-disciplinary, system environment including competency mapping, resource planning, executing, customer interfacing, and close-out.
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
- Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more