Role Summary/ Purpose
The position is responsible for the end to end management and oversight of the BHGE requests to tender; specifically, for the Aftermarket activities however also expected to manage tenders for new supply and greenfield developments. The individual will support the growth of the business in the region, by ensuring a consistently high standard of accurate, timely and customer focused proposals are prepared and deliveredEssential Responsibilities:
Primarily responsible for providing accurate product/service costing & quotations, ensuring that optimal commercial terms are included in different types of proposals & supporting the sales team in formulating market pricing, the role also requires proposals co-ordination duties, ensuring that requests and bid documents are delivered to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Review the sales enquiries / Invitations to Tender
- Ensure bid / proposal tracking and risk tool processes are instigated and maintained
- Liaise closely with engineers to determine repair & modification scope Work with Engineers to calculate the preference of repairing parts over replacing them.
- Interface with procurement teams to establish costs of supply
- Work with Project Managers, Engineers, Procurement, Manufacturing to determine full costs for the work scope
- Create cost models ensuring all costing elements are included and price proposal in line with market pricing principles
- Create proposal/quotation for submission to customer incorporating correct T&C's and pricing
- Handle order receipt process for PO's from the customer
- Prepare and conduct PO handover from the commercial team to the execution project
- Manage an effective document control system ensuring material relating to the customer is properly registered, circulated, controlled and easily accessible to the commercial team
- Schedule, participate and where appropriate lead kick-off meetings and commercial risk & approval reviews
- Distribute documents as appropriate and co-ordinate responses within agreed schedule
- Issue clarifications to customers and distribute responses
- Ensure effective communication throughout proposal team and that the commercial manager is aware of any clarifications, qualifications and exceptions
- Provide accurate and timely reporting as required by customer and commercial team
- Perform other duties as required to support commercial & operations teams in Global Services
- Partake in customer meetings covering negotiations and clarifications and subsequent follow up with internal stakeholder
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Understanding of the Services / Aftermarket industry
- Familiarity with commercial structures for both new equipment supply and services
- Basic understanding of manufacturing systems and active site operations
- Strong communicator, able to successfully manage multiple priorities for demanding internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with contract management and contractual terms
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in ERP systems (namely SAP and Oracle)
- Technical / Engineering knowledge of subsea and surface oil & gas systems and infrastructure
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.