Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Accounting, Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Budapest, Hungary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We're looking for a candidate for the Global Finance Center Controllership team who can support us with our daily tasks. During the internship we'll aim to involve the candidate in "Record to Report" related activities and provide a broad picture of the team's responsibilities.
· Gain experience in General Accounting and General Ledger activities (manual journal entries, accounting reconciliation)
· Support the preparation of financial reports Use theoretical knowledge on US GAAP accounting in practice
· Contribute to the compliance of financial reports with generally accepted accounting principles
· Support the team leaders with tracking completion of certain activities
· Support the team leaders with tracking key performance indicators
· Tracking manual journal entries and analyze root cause/solutions Maintenance of ME/LE lists
· Take part in the monthly/quarterly/year-end closing process
· Ongoing studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar BA/MA
· Comfortable knowledge of basic accounting principles (PnL, Balance Sheet, Subledger VS GL, Accruals, Debits/Credits, Monthly closure)
· Proficient oral and written English
· Strong user level MS Office skills (Excel pivots, vlookup/MS Outlook)
· Team player, communicates well
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more