Skills: IT - Software Development, Instrument & Controls Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aachen, Germany
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Job Description :
As a Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you will have an opportunity to apply web-based testing strategies and develop automated feature validation of our state-of-the-art digital well construction planning solution. You will be part of shaping new features, and ensure quality of deliveries, enabling users to achieve the highest quality and efficiency, honoring the highest standards in project management, built-in engines, concurrent collaborative engineering, and automated design validation. You will work in a cross-functional team of software developers and domain experts.
- Develop automated tests to reduce manual verification on existing features, with the target of full automated test validation
- Maintain existing automated tests and automated builds for integration and staging environments
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to define feature specification
- Apply different testing strategies to evaluate new feature delivery
- Write manual test cases targeting user workflows
- Record issues found on integration/staging environments and verify fixes
- Actively communicate/collaborate with other testers, developers and operation engineers to identify or verify issues
Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or related field with 0 to 2 years of experience (graduating this year or recent graduate)
- Knowledge about or experience working with frontend technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of test automation builds and automate testing of key user workflows
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- Good written and oral English communications skills
- A passion for engineering excellence and knowledge of test automation, agile project development, and bug and change management
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following would be a plus:
- C++/Qt/QML or C#/WPF
- Design principles, User interaction standards and UX implementation
- Testing practices like acceptance, regression and sanity testing, API based testing, third-party test integration, stress and performance testing
- Test automation, including E2E and front-end UI test creation using test frameworks like Ranorex or Protractor
- Management systems like TeamCity or Azure DevOps
- Git source control
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Schlumberger Aachen Technology Center (AATC) is based in Aachen, Germany. We develop modeling and planning software for petroleum exploration. You will work in an international environment with team members from several different nationalities. Schlumberger supports constant learning and development of our employees.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.