Skills: Well Control, Well Intervention
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As a Wells Engineer (WE) in the Shell Malaysia, develop the conceptual design, detailed Well design, wells execution programs for Shell Malaysia, and support wells operations during the execution phase. Work towards Goal Zero and best-in-class performance in accordance with Statutory Regulations and Company Policies.
- Display exemplary Personal & Process Safety leadership in well design and in support of execution, to ensure Goal Zero.
- Manage the maturation of wells scope through the Well Delivery Process. Responsibilities include:
- Manage interfaces with subsurface, projects, assets and service providers for the Wells scope assigned.
- Support the interfaces with regulators (Petronas MPM) and joint venture partners.
- Deliver well design concepts, detailed designs, and Well execution program.
- Perform appropriate Well Design calculations and activities associated with concept well design and selection; such as Casing and Tubing Design, Well Trajectory, Drilling Mechanics, Borehole Stability, etc.
- Provide well cost and time estimates. Seek internal and external budgetary support.
- Contribute to field development plans (FDPs), asset reference plans (ARPs), Well Functional Specification (WFS)
- Develop and maintain a Risk Management Plan.
- Develop and pursue the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Capture lessons learned and communicate with others.
- Identify and ensure the availability of materials, equipment, and services, including long-lead items.
- Support the delivery of contracts with well engineering inputs, such as providing technical specifications.
- Support the Well Delivery Rig Team during the execution stage, including developing specific procedures, managing changes, and managing seamless and safe operations.
- Contribute to strategic improvements plans, such as digitalization and implementation of relevant Wells technologies.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Masters, Bachelor or HND/HTS in Engineering or Physical Science.
- At least 6 years of experience in Wells, including field experience.
- Qualification in formal industry Wells training is desirable, for example, IWCF, Shell Round 1 and Round 2.
- Basic skills in budgeting and cost management.
- Mature communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong individual performer, while also being a constructive team player.
- Self-starter, with a strong desire to learn new skills.
- As the business environment is challenging and dynamic, individual needs to be resilient, adaptable and open to changes and challenges.
- Ability to build effective relationships with broad multi-disciplinary teams and external stakeholders.
- Committed towards HSSE and SD principles
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video