Skills: Electrical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our Projects team covering work scopes for both our onshore and offshore assets in the Southern North Sea.
This position will encompass writing BOD's, site surveys, estimating, compiling project schedules, engineering of systems, selection of equipment (ATEX where required), writing work packs, and creating relevant project drawings. You will be required to raise pEMOC's through to close out, along with relevant closeout documentation, such as drawings, P1 and P3, updating safety critical documentation where required. This role also has responsibility for cost control, selecting contract labour, reviewing vendor information, creating data sheets, arranging trips offshore with planning and boat schedules for shipping of materials.
You will need to be responsive, able to work to tight schedules and from your own initiative, while having the understanding of Perenco UK (PUK) performance standards, electrical codes, European and British standards and industry best practices. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
This position is based in Norwich working Monday to Friday, with regular visits to our offshore assets as required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and spec - LV power distribution systems, power generation systems, safety critical systems (such as UPS systems), earthing systems and lighting systems.
• Ensure a high standard of installation methods, through from construction to commissioning.
• Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy, ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment
• Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors
• Understand and manage onshore and offshore Electrical modifications / projects, both green and brownfield, ensuring effective and safe execution of work
• Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority with external bodies such as IVB and internally ensuring correct design of installation
• Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are adhered to during design / engineering.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices
Qualifications / Experience
• Ideally a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level.
• SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety or CompEx Full (Ex01 - 04)
• BS7671 18th Edition
• At least 5-10 years' experience within the offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
• Strong construction knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business
• Knowledge of SKM power tools.
• Basis knowledge of MV and HV electrical systems
• IT literate / good sound knowledge of Word, Excel, PPP
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision