Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
As Finance Analyst you will be responsible for providing financial support to the UK business in the areas of month end, reporting, cash management, pricing, contract profitability, budgets, forecasts and adhoc analysis to support growth and OP improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Manage the month-end process with the business to deliver accurate and robust valuation of Work in Progress, accrued income and direct cost accruals.
- Drive continuous improvement to meet time and quality constraints.
- Analyse WIP balances highlighting areas for improvement and trends.
- Analyse business stream P&L's and work with team of business partners to understand and improve performance.
- Manage the completion of monthly management accounts for the division, to include analysis and commentary on monthly and Year to Date financial & KPI performance, balance sheet analysis and debt management.
- Annual budget processing and periodic corporate financial forecasts for the division.
- Lead the revise of bids and tenders via utilisation of standard business financial modelling techniques and provide challenge to the division to ensure that business won delivers on BV requirements and generates profitable growth.
- Act as an advocate and enforcer of robust internal financial control within the division.
- Interpreting contract profitability and communicating findings to business
Experience & Skills Required:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified, qualified by relevant work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, Access desirable, including the ability to set up new models, pivot tables and look ups.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written to peers, clients and senior managers.
- Experience of working in a large company with a complex structure.
- Ability to process high volumes of transactions with speed and accuracy.
- Good organisation skills with effective time management.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.