Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SAMPLE PREP TECHNICIAN (Nevada area)
Reporting to the Sample Preparation Supervisor, the Sample Preparation Technician is responsible for the processing of customer samples by following established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe practices.
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Sample Preparation technician position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Carry out Sample Preparation procedures in accordance with documented SOPs and other work instructions.
- Ensure proper functioning of Sample Preparation operations by:
- Monitoring the performance of the Sample Preparation equipment
- Ensuring adequate inventory of consumable supplies and chemicals
- Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Sample Preparation supervisor as appropriate.
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
- Report any non-conforming work related to customer samples and associated test data to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
- Submit to testing for silica exposure on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Detailed oriented, analytical and technical
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Able to work well in a team and follow direction
- Good communication skills
- Solid data entry and computer skills
- Good work ethics and able to maintain a clean and safe work environment
Work conditions include: dusty work environment involving medium to heavy lifting (must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs for 10 feet) and repetitive tasks.Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Work schedule Varies-Sunday-Saturday 5a-5p
Must open and flexible to work this type of schedule
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.