Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role: Customer Support Administrator - 6 month FTC
Location: Atlas Business Park (M22)
Salary: £19,000 plus excellent benefits package
DELIVERING SERVICE EXCELLENCE
Are you committed to meeting client expectations? This is your opportunity to join a true global leader, working as part of a commercial team to deliver excellence to clients.
Acting as a vital administrative link between clients and commercial colleagues, we are looking for someone with administration experience who has the personal attributes and organisational skills to succeed in customer service.
In return, you can benefit from a dynamic team environment, the chance to work with some prestigious clients and the platform you need to pursue a successful career. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
You will be tasked with providing internal and external support across the Mechanical, Electrical and Health and Safety Business Lines.
- To provide a high level of service to clients by responding to the customer helpline; provide effective contract data input and responding promptly to clients on contract data related issues.
- Assist in the delivery of all customer expectations and to ensure agreed client SLA's are met
- Provide contract amendments are actioned efficiently and within specified KPI's.
- Assist in delivery of client reports and requested information
- Support the customer experience and reduce the time for resolution of any issues
- All types of contract maintenance to be actioned efficiently
- Work flexibly within the team, prioritising workload to enhance overall team performance
- Create and support client access to the customer portal
- Maintain and improve a high level of accuracy in work output and develop a sound product knowledge
- Work as part of a team with good interpersonal and communication skills and be highly customer focused.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Minimum five GCSEs including Maths and English (A-Level or equivalent is desirable)
- Ability to understand and use established systems and procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise work
- Highly customer focused
A GLOBAL LEADER
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.