Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: Rig Manager, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for an experienced Rig Manager(Jack Up Self Propelled and Non-Propelled) for Qatar
Bachelor degree or Maroff or ships engineering certificate, or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of operational, offshore or O&G project experience
Minimum 3 years of experience at an engineering level
Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications
Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
Familiar with Class, statutory, local regulations (e.g. Safety case, Performance standards and Written Scheme of Verification, offshore/maritime legislation)
- Ensures implementation and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all work assigned to him/her is carried out in accordance with the instructions of the Operations manager.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with client personnel, ensuring effective operational performance and enhance new business opportunities.
- Shares technical knowledge and perceived commercial opportunities with the organization
- Promotes and ensures awareness of effective waste segregation and prevention of spillage, energy- and material waste, and emissions to air.
- Demonstrates clear (Safety) leadership and sets a high standard of quality, health and safety and environmental awareness to prevent incidents from happening.
- Takes an active role in emergency response.
- Co-ordinates and supervises on all matters pertaining to the safety of the unit and personnel.
- Ensures projects are safely coordinated and executed within budget and according to the company's management system.
- Ensures staff are encouraged to participate in maintaining and improving the company performance.
- Develops and improves plans, policies, methods, standards and procedures for the (technical) work performed on the unit in close cooperation with the Operations manager.
- Monitors the safety aspects of the operation of the unit and ensures that adequate resources and shore base support are applied as required.
- Is fully conversant with OIM duties.
- Cooperates with the client in the development and execution of HAZID's/HAZOP's, project documentation and interface related items and attends safety meetings at the clients request to ensure close communication and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensures that all crewmembers are suitably qualified and / or experienced, competent, and aware of the scope of their responsibility and the limits of their authority, and work in accordance with the company policy.
- Ensures that incidents and nonconformity's within his area of responsibility are recorded, resolved and examined to prevent a recurrence.
- Monitors and controls the follow up on (Engineering) Change Request systems and Corrective action database, which are running on the units.
- Ensures that all maintenance, surveys and modifications are properly planned, documented, approved and executed.
- Maintains contacts with local services / facilities such as hospitals, doctors, repair shops, offshore vendors, service companies and subcontractors, employment agencies, weather centres, harbours, ship-yards, emergency contacts (i.e. police, fire, legal and medical), air services, marine services etc.
- Prepares specifications concerning modifications / refits / repairs to the unit. 9. Prepares the rig move operations in conjunction with the Client.
- Prepares project documentation including obtaining quotations for equipment and services. 11. Assists the Operations manager in preparing (annual) budgets and objectives for the unit.
- Available on Duty/Call out rota duties.
- Ensures that the unit is correctly surveyed and certified in compliance with flag state, class and local authorities, and ensures all relevant class/certifying authority issues are controlled / documented efficiently
- Ensures that the unit is managed in accordance with the units approved Safety Case and Written Scheme of Verification.
- Organises an effective working environment, sets clear time windows and articulates clear expectations regarding the work and project quality.
- Empowers and supports department employees in their (work) achievements.
- Assesses the OIM and its crew.
- Ensures continuous development of key competences of the crew based on the performance assessments, in close cooperation with the HR department.