Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: MONTROSE, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Project Manager (PM) within Subsea Tree projects has the responsibility to ensure the
delivery of the assigned project as defined by the Customer's Order or Contract, fulfilling both
Customer and Business objectives.
The Project Manager is the primary interface between the Company and the Customer, and is
responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the Customer and its representatives
· The Project Manager will liaise with the Inquiry to Order (ITO) organization and take the
lead in managing the Order to Revenue (OTR) handover following award ensuring compliance to the Toll gate and Quality Management System (QMS). Following handover and through the established Contract Review process, translate the agreed terms and conditions into project/sales orders and establish the internal scope of work.
· The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all core supporting
functions within the project team, Planner, Project Quality Engineer (PQE), Commercial,
Administrative and Health Safety and Environmental (HSE). Ensuring an effective and safe execution of the scope of work.
· The Project manager will lead the Project Team as an enthusiastic and focused unit for the task through exhibiting good management practice, leading by example, setting and monitoring the standards expected for other team members and holding team accountable for outcomes.
· Establish clear roles and responsibilities within the project team, delegating authority where appropriate. Establish and communicate project goals and ensure that these are fully understood and met throughout the project and within own organization.
· Establish and maintain clear lines of communication within the Project Organization and with the Customer, internal project functions; Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing and Commercial.
· Work closely with Customers Project team to build and maintain a good relationship with the Customer thereby helping to ensure the timely resolution of issues.
· Ensure that project schedule with milestones, manpower requirements and cost
budgets are established. Generate, in conjunction with the project finance all cost control and reporting templates and reports. Continually monitor the Projects' cost performance throughout its duration. Identifies and actively pursues productivity gains and cost out opportunity.
· Ensure that all the necessary technical and non-technical reviews and audits are planned and carried out.
· Monitor the project's performance in a systematic way regarding quality, safety, progress and cost and initiate the necessary corrective/mitigating actions if deviations occur.
· Ensure that performance is communicated to the customer with respect to progress, changes, manning, forecasts to complete, all reported as agreed.
· Effectively manage Variation Orders and Customer Instigated Change Orders, including their internal price clearance, submission and negotiation, implementation and tracking.
· Consider schedule, safety and environmental impacts of all changes (in addition to cost) and maximize opportunities for margin growth through the change process. Ensure all agreed Variation Orders are correctly reflected in the Sales Order.
· Upon completion of project deliverables ensure a clean and clear detailed hand over to Services team as defined within the Quality Management System.
Ethics & Values
· Adheres to the BHGE core values always.
· Adheres to company policies and procedures; follows all compliance regulations.
· Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; demonstrates mutual trust and respect, respects confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
· Motivating and empowering the project team to achieve the Company's and Projects
· Leads and promotes a culture of excellence in all aspects of Quality and HSE performance. Leads by example and ensures active participation and full support of all management, employees, customers and suppliers.
· Understands the financial impact of his/her work in
the Company in terms of contribution to profits and revenues and making effective use of
Company time and resources.
· Able to identify the most appropriate form of communication and ensure the information is shared in a clear, timely manner.
· Actively listens and encourages an open, two-way dialogue between parties.
· Communicates effectively at appropriate levels in the organization and responds appropriately to feedback.
· Able to contribute to a team, either as part of the team, or as a
leader. Cooperates to assist team members and ensure team meets its goals. Recognises the importance of diversity and promotes a climate of collaboration.
· Demonstrates the ability to continuously develop self, and where appropriate others within and out with their sphere of influence, to attain the highest degree of skills/competency.
· Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal & external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks & projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
· Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is a consistent performer, very target orientated, steadfastly pushes self and others for results, demonstrates a 'can do' attitude.
· Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; provides honest and open responses; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
· Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integrate where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
· Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates obstacles; creates focus.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Montrose / Aberdeen
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more