Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
The jobs holders at this level are responsible for planning, allocating tasks for the Engineering and Drafting teams, co-ordination, attending meetings with Client / MWS / PMT / Offshore / Yard / sub-contractor etc.
The jobs holders at this level are responsible for checking / reviewing / issuance of all engineering deliverables in timely manner and within the approved budget. The job holders at this position are required to ensure the quality of all deliverables and adherence to company quality plans and job specifications / guidelines etc.
The engineers at this position may have to go for site visits. The posting is generally for the NPCC base engineering office at MFY Abu Dhabi; however the job holders may have to travel outside UAE on business trip for required durations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently handling of large size EPC projects.
- Planning, organizing and delegation of work to discipline engineers and drafting staff working on the allotted project.
- Holding technical meetings with Clients, PMT, Operations, Yard / Sub-contractor, etc. and maintaining cordial relationship with all parties involved in the allotted projects.
- Timely issuance of all deliverables inline with the approved schedule and budget.
- Review and approval of all vendor documents, drawings.
- Preparation of all critical documents such as design basis and other specifications.
- Material procurement and control.
- Checking, reviewing and ensuring technical accuracy and quality of all discipline deliverables such as structural analyses, design calculations, drawings, specifications, purchase requisitions, technical bid evaluations etc. during all phases of the project.
- Inter Discipline Checking activities i.e. issuance / review and approval.
- Directly reporting to HOD for all matters except for allotted project related issues for which, reporting to Project Engineering Manager.
- Review of various types of tender documents and provide Engineering input for enquiries for bidding purpose (tender estimated quantities, man-hour estimates, FEED verification, risk register, etc.)
- Ensuring adherence to company procedures, client specifications, guidelines, international codes and standards.
- Working within the estimated budget and ensuring high efficiency for the allotted projects.
- Providing training for engineers as required including guidance and motivation to team members.
- Site surveys and survey reports.
- Close interaction with Fabrication Yard to resolve yard related issues during fabrication stage.
- Close interaction with onshore Modules Sub- contractor to resolve installation / transportation issues.
- Providing input for various sub-contracts such as scope of work and handling subcontractors.
- University graduate with B.E. / B. Tech in Civil Engineering. Master degree in Structural Engineering shall be considered as an added qualification.
- 15 years' experience in onshore Oil and Gas Process Field out of which minimum 6 years should be in LDE role.
- Must have experience in detailed and construction engineering for various types of onshore plant steel structures. Minimum 8-10 year experience on onshore modular type design and construction or equivalent experience such as FPSO modules design.
- Experience with In-place and pre-service analysis (Lifting, Jacking, SPMT, Skidding, Sea transportation, etc.)
- Familiarization with weight control report and its use for module analysis and design.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good command using general computer software such as M. S. Office, Mathcad etc.
- Proficiency in using structural software such as STAAD Pro. Knowledge of SACS and STAAD Offshore is desirable
- Must be well versed with industry related guidelines, codes and regulations such as American, British and EUROPEAN, MWS rules etc. Also familiar with steel material specifications as per BS, ASTM & Euro etc.
- Familiar with major oil and gas onshore clients standards
- Hands on experience of review tools e.g. SPR, Navis Works
- Performs / participate 3D model review.