Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration of group health and welfare benefit plans. He or she will assist in resolving complex benefits issues and will act as a liaison between the Company and benefit providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and administers corporate benefit plans and programs and ensures compliance with both plan and regulatory requirements.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding interpretation of benefits plans, including eligibility, covered services and exclusions.
- Acts as liaison between the Employee Solution Center and third-party vendors regarding contract, service and coverage issues.
- Manages the employee engagement campaign (annual enrollment and ongoing) which involves project planning, collaboration with vendors, communication development in both print and electronic format and maintaining the internal U.S. Benefits website.
- Transmits vendor interfaces.
- Participates in the onboarding process to ensure employees receive accurate information about their benefit plans.
- Ensures necessary plan documents are in place and government-mandated disclosures, e.g. summary documents, are timely and correctly distributed to eligible employees.
- Manages the COBRA administration system and resolve any COBRA process issues.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and any changes such as OSHA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA and GINA.
- Maintains confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy when communicating/interacting with others.
- Assists in the administration of the expatriate benefits plan.
- Coordinates all Benefit sponsored events.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, minimum of at least five (5) years' equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in a corporate Benefits Department preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding, fast paced work environment, must be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems. Open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can act without having the total picture.
- Enthusiasm in a fast-paced, demanding environment while managing sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment with highly confidential information; demonstrates a superior work ethic and will be able to multi-task effectively while taking pride in everyday tasks.
- Advanced technology skills, able to work comfortably in a variety of software applications; proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A high level of professionalism and an understanding that no task is too menial.
- Great team player - optimism through tough challenges, and a strong promoter of team chemistry and professionalism.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and relational skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients and vendors.
Additional Skills and Experience
- Presentation skills - ability to create and deliver presentations to large and small groups.
- Creativity - developing meaningful communications in a customer centered manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.