Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tinsley, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is recruiting an I& E Technician to join our team in Tinsley, MS
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The job will entail installation, maintain and repair all field pneumatic and electric devices and equipment required for the oil & gas well sites and facilities to maintain surface safety systems, production, measurement and automation. Must be well versed to service all brands of equipment in multiple configurations. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to Read Standard and Metric Tape Measures
- Ability to apply math skills to the trade adding and subtracting whole numbers and fractions for measurements and offsets
- Basic Knowledge of I & E mechanical and electrical equipment
- Basic Knowledge of Calibration and testing equipment
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of Pneumatic systems and equipment
- Ability to Maintain and repair of Electrical and Pneumatic equipment
- Basic Tubing Bending Skills, single line and group tubing from 1/4\" to 1"
- Ability to Properly Fabricate and Install Fiberglass or Metal Tray Support Systems
- Must have the Ability to read and understand P&ID's and Isometric Drawings
- Must have the Ability to read and understand Electrical Drawings
- Basic Knowledge of Communication Systems
- Basic Knowledge of low voltage Electrical Installations
- Test, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves
- Organize and direct daily work for all ongoing projects
- Carry out routine and planned preventative maintenance on electrical and pneumatic systems and equipment
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to all test equipment
- Carry out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system
- Identify and obtain required spare parts from the on-site warehouse inventory
- Available to work on-call basis as needed on weekends
- Recommend all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence
- Comply with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program)
- Review and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures
- Provide support for commissioning and start up for all installation projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Tubing Bending Skills, ¼" - ½"
- Conduit Bending and installation of associated fittings
- Basic Electrical System Knowledge for low voltage Electrical Installations
- Installation of Cable & Tubing Tray Systems
- CLX Cable Installation Knowledge and Fittings
- Total Flow/Flow Boss and Other EFM Installation Knowledge
- Basic Measurement Knowledge
- Proper Hand Tools Use
- Electrical and instrumentation Test Equipment and Volt Meters
- Trouble Shooting Skills for Pneumatic and Electrical Systems
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com â\u20ac¯
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.