The Sr. Polymer Engineer is responsible for undertaking work scopes that feed directly into current initiatives, projects and programs for the flexible pipe qualification for offshore application. At this level the Engineer needs to have knowledge and experience to execute the required activities linking the polymeric materials qualification with product design tools as part of the Materials Science / Engineering FunctionEssential Responsibilities:
- Carry out qualification tests for polymeric materials, developing testing methods and protocols for small, mid and full-scale configuration considering the different applications required for the flexible pipes;
- Implementation and maintenance of design tools used for prediction of the service conditions in Unbonded Flexible Pipe structures. Experience with Permeation and Corrosion tools is desirable;
- Pipe System / Materials modelling and analysis, permeation testing data analysis;
- Definition and execution of specific work package tasks in New Product Development Projects (NPI's) and New Technology Introduction (NTI's).
- Plant technical support on non-conformities related to the polymeric materials;
- Issue qualification reports linking testing data with design requirements for the flexible pipes;
- When necessary carry out external audits supporting Quality and Sourcing departments to check vendor's qualification processes.
- Educated to a minimum of Master Degree level in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or PhD.
- Working knowledge of corrosion chemistry and modelling and analysis of physical systems.
- Knowledge of permeation modelling of polymer materials, preferably thermoplastics would also be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Comsol Multiphysics modelling Software is desirable.
Work Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
- For engineering/technology roles the expectation is that, the candidate will conduct background research for the specific tasks to familiarize themselves in order to execute their scope of work;
- Good communication (interpersonal, oral and written) and organisation skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment. Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Specific tools knowledge like OLI, Comsol Multiphysics or Permeation models will be a differential;
- Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities;
- Effective at managing multiple work scopes, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion. Although based in Brazil requires flexibility for potential travel over extended periods to other facilities and locations (Uk and US mainly)