Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Working under limited supervision, the Engineer will plan, develop, review, and maintain program requirements, including Project Technical Requirements, Specification, Interface Control Documents Verification and Validation Document and Verification Success Criteria.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, review, and maintain program requirements, including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD), and Verification Success Criteria (VSC).
• Utilize requirement management software and systems engineering tools, such as Cradle®, DOORS, or Cameo.
• Prepare materials for the system life-cycle phasing, including System Readiness Review (SRR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
• Work with team members to identify risks, develop risk statements, and to help plan risk responses.
• Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
• Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues, and for support.
• Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
• Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degrees and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
- Background with Habitation and Logistics Outpost (HALO) system.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including PTRS, V&VD, and ICD.
- Experience with requirements database tools to develop and manage requirements, such as Cradle®, MagicDraw, or DOORS.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used space hardware concepts, practices, products and procedures, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material/component selection.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification and Engineering processes.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and SharePoint sites as well as typical systems engineering software products.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.