Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Working under limited supervision, the Engineer will assist in tailoring Design and Construction standards utilizing existing ISS and NASA standards. Close-out open questions and issues on the Structural and Mechanical tailored Design and Construction Standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in tailoring Design and Construction standards utilizing existing ISS and NASA standards. Close-out open questions and issues on the Structural and Mechanical tailored Design and Construction Standards.
- Support Requirements Developments meeting for Structural and Mechanical inputs.
- Ensure interface hardware meet Factors of Safety (FS), Structural Design and Verification Requirements (SDVR), and Structure Verification Plans (SVP).
- Provide system engineering oversight for Gateway Structures and subsystems Development
- Gatekeepers for Interface & Control Requirements Documents (IRDs and ICDs).
- Review Interface and provide confliction resolution.
- Data requirements for downstream verification.
- Standards for Data flow down.
- Review/Approve Test and Verification (T&V) plans.
- Provide oversight and input to SDR/PDR/CDR design cycle and Review Item Description (RIDs) documentation. Track Review Items Discrepancies and ensure their resolutions.
- Provide technical support to Program Office, Boards, and Panel meetings.
- Under the direction of the System Manager, act as subsystem manager for Structures and Mechanisms.
- Coordinate with other technical disciplines to solve technical issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Systems engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Systems engineering from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Systems engineering and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience with Space Vehicle hardware development and operations.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements (such as NASA-STD-5001, JSC 65828, SSP 30559, NASA-STD-5019A (SSP 30558), NASA-STD-5020, NASA STD 5017A).
- Sound understanding of Structural design for space applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively communicate progress and risk with NASA engineering leads and Program Office.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with Orion, Commercial Crew, Shuttle, and/or ISS design requirements and verification documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.