My client is looking for a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) in the Midland/Odessa Texas area to join their growing team. This position is responsible for development and deployment of regional Radiographic Testing (RT) program. Candidate must have at least 2,000 documented RT hours to satisfy training requirements. ?This position is to be permanently based in the Texas area. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate if necessary. Job Duties:
- Ensure workers safety and support of corporate quality initiatives.
- Assist with identification of quality issues and help develop action plans for continuous improvement.
- Oversee report and data management systems
- Performance of NDT training and continuing education training.
- Examination/testing of NDT Personnel
- Development and improvement of NDT examinations
- Development and improvement of NDT procedures and techniques
- Corrective Action/Non-conformance reporting
- Assistance with Research and Development of new NDT applications and techniques
- Ensure NDT on projects as needed to support client needs.
- Customer support functions.
- Support of NDT technicians.
- Performance of other various duties as assigned.
- Travel on an as needed basis.
- Minimum 2,000 RT hours.
- Proven expertise and competency in multiple industries is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASME and API codes and standards at minimum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer skills with the ability to use MS Office is required.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
**Must be able to provide proof of NDT qualifications**
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.