Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Geologist will be heavily involved with leading the depletion planning, reservoir management, integrated subsurface description (ISD), special studies and New Well Delivery activities in their respective area. They will ensure that the planning of wells meets BP standards and practices as it relates to the New Well Delivery common process. They will interface with drilling and completions teams to assure the technical integrity of well initiation documents (WID) and statement of requirements (SOR). They are skilled in stratigraphy, structural geology, seismic interpretation, subsurface mapping, well planning, well execution and petrophysics. They will lead the development of comprehensive well and data acquisition plans to characterize subsurface uncertainties, risks, and mitigations necessary to deliver successful development schemes. They can work independently. They are expected to lead and assure work and coach others. May be asked to lead or participate in peer reviews or assists as either a reviewer or presenter.
- Ensure the integrity of the area depletion plan for their area.
- Work with other disciplines to provide assurance on and input to reservoir management strategies.
- Lead work to define subsurface uncertainties for risk management and surveillance planning.
- Ensure that well plans and data acquisition strategies are consistent with the area depletion plans and surveillance plans.
- Lead and provide assurance to all ISD activities for the area.
- Maintain, continuously improve and assure a hopper of opportunities consistent with the strategies outlined in the area depletion plan.
- Ensure that the planning of wells meets BP's NWD common process policies and guidelines.
- Provide oversight to the process of updating and creating well picks in the area, and work with the Geology DL to support the timely determination of the final well picks for ACG.
- Provide operational support during well execution as needed.
- Support the development of short, medium, and long-term geological work plans to support delivery of the business in the area.
- Lead, coach and assure geological activities in the area.
- Participate in a peer review or assist as either a reviewer or assistor.
- Graduate degree or industry equivalent experience in Geology
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Field development and production geology experience is a must.
- Strong working knowledge and track record of subsurface description, reservoir management, surveillance and risk management planning.
- Experience with well planning and operations.
- Working knowledge of drilling and completion operations.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, capable of reducing complex problems to manageable entities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead simultaneous projects.
- Experienced in applied structural geology for reservoir development.
- Demonstrated people skills, with the ability to work in multi-cultural, multidiscipline environment.