Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Design Engineer, Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83188
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2010 revenues of nearly $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Our corporate headquarters are in Omaha, Nebraska.
Engineering Design and Technology
The EDT (Engineering and Design Technology) Services manager supports Kiewit's Energy Construction business by leading the EDT team in providing specialty technology administrative and support services. These support services are targeted specifically to supporting construction operations with 2D and 3D data, and related services needed for efficient project execution.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office in Houston, TX
The EDT services manager oversees every part of the EDT team operations in supporting the energy construction business. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations including planning, prioritization and execution.
- Meet with project execution teams to identify issues and opportunities.
- Meet with business stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities
- Manage, coach and mentor EDT team members
- Manage EDT services and software purchase/maintenance budget
- 10+ years experience supporting construction, commissioning and fabrication workflows and project execution thru the use of technology platforms such SmartPlant or AVEVA
- 10+ years industry experience in Oil and Gas project execution
- SmartPlant experience strongly preferred
- IT Infrastructure technical background preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Construction, Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering, Technology