Skills: Technical Manager
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Technical Service Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Conduct / lead customer interfacing and internal interfacing between the technical and operational arms within the group, both in relation to laboratory and field related activities as required.
The TSE has the authority to Plan activity, coordinate and participate in both lab and field work and generally assist with technical services to customers within the Geo-market and occasionally beyond.
The TSE is responsible for activities within his/her authority in accordance with the scope of work and applicable procedures, and to fulfil these tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
In addition to the tasks listed in the scope of work, this function may also be assigned specialised tasks.
Activities may include (but are not limited to)
- Be involved in the interaction between the Technical and Operational Groups of Production Technologies and other groups.
- Have a good level of understanding of production operations to be able to define / recommend relevant laboratory and field test procedures
- Define the scope of work for any assigned project
- Have a good understanding of production chemicals, environmental constraints, customer limitations and operational constraints with regard to required projects
- Present technical materials and assist in the preparation of technical proposals which may include input to Tenders and bids
- Perform specialised product evaluation testing and issue reports as required.
- Have enough understanding of the process system and test procedures to evaluate results, make appropriate project changes in order to optimise the outcome, and make recommendation to the customer.
- Plan, Coordinate, participate and work independently on Short and Long term projects as required
- Participate in field support visits as direct operational support as required
- Ability to participate in direct customer contact as required (presentation of results, running field tests, surveys, special assignments in the field)
- Provide support to all projects as required, but maybe required to specialize in specific product areas, or in developmental projects
- Responsible for the preparation of technical reports and conduct technical presentations to the customers of M-I PT in support of operations or projects when necessary
- Ensure that the laboratory is a safe, clean and tidy working environment.
- Assist with all aspects of field coordination, laboratory maintenance and functioning
- Assist with update of laboratory documentation
- Advise, train, mentor, and share "lessons learned" to other Technical Service LE and support staff.
- Ensure that company QHSE policies, procedures and safety standards are understood and complied with at all times.
- Make sure that chemicals and waste are handled according to regulations and SDS.
- Carry out necessary risk assessments prior to operations.
- Report, investigate and follow up all relevant QHSE matters in accordance with internal non-conformance and hazard observation reporting procedures.
- Maintain an active role in the identification of opportunities for improvement in the company's Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental management systems and where relevant, assist in the implementation of the improvements.
Minimum Bachelor degree with relevant experience or Masters relevant experience