Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Facilities Engineer
Other Skills: natural gas, CNG
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client is the North American leader in the delivery of natural gas. As a private company with a history of proven success in Canada and the USA. This progressive, high growth company with a market capitalization in excess of $500MM, over 210 employees in 9 states and provinces, and a business that has doubled in scale over the last year and continues to grow and is looking for high performance talent to join their team. From sourcing and compression to transportation, delivery and decompression, this company provides logistics and monitoring of end-to-end compressed natural gas (CNG) solution.
The Project Engineer supports the Engineering department and activities for the Company. You will provide technical, operational and product support in the Engineering Group. This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor - Facilities and is based in the Houston corporate office with travel to field locations in the USA & Canada.
Responsibilities for the Project Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Safety Champion: Help promote a proactive and positive safety culture.
- Facilities Construction & Upgrades: Candidate will support new construction and upgrading of CNG or other natural gas facilities around the USA and Canada with varying degrees of ownership.
- Research regulatory and permitting requirements. Obtain permits and approvals as required.
- Find, evaluate, hire, and manage service contractors
- Procure Owner-supplied materials
- Manage generation of Engineering models and drawings (Civil, Piping, Electrical, etc.)
- Provide onsite supervision of contractors and construction progress
- Maintain project schedules and on-going budgets
- Commission facility
- Manage all QA/QC documentation
- Continuously improve our facilities construction program
- Operational Support: Support Operations with facility related issues that arise
- Trouble shoot equipment issues as needed. Visit facilities and/or customer sites as required.
- Procure critical spares as needed.
- Write Safe Working Procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and any other documentation relevant to mitigating safety risks or improving operations.
- Train new and veteran field staff on the existing and revised procedures as we mature processes within the company.
- Review electrical drawings (One-lines, site electrical drawings, area classification, layouts, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, panel schedules, control schematics, etc.)
- Work with Electrical Utilities to provide services to sites
- Troubleshoot Electrical equipment and PLC issues
- Ensure designs are to Regulatory and Code requirements
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls support and expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5-10 years' experience constructing natural gas facilities in an engineering capacity
- Experience in Civil, Piping, Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership of projects and contractors
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work with multiple teams
- A self-starter with relentless habits in line with our core values
This client offers a competitive compensation package and the ability to join a successful and fast growing organization within the industrial fuel supply and oil & gas sector