Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Geologist will support the depletion planning, reservoir management, integrated subsurface description (ISD), special studies and New Well Delivery activities in their respective area. They will ensure that the planning of wells meets BP standards and practices as it relates to the New Well Delivery (NWD) common process. They will interface with drilling and completions teams to create well initiation documents (WID) statement of requirements (SOR) and Subsurface end of well reports. They may be asked to provide geological operational support as needed. They require limited oversight in structural geology, stratigraphy, subsurface mapping, petrophysics and seismic interpretation. They will participate in the development of comprehensive well and data acquisition plans to support the team's objectives to characterize subsurface uncertainties, risks, and mitigations necessary to deliver successful development schemes. They are expected to go beyond their assigned team goals and objectives and proactively influence their own and other teams or disciplines within AGT and globally. They may represent BP externally or in partner meetings.
- Provide geological input to cross-discipline integration work in support of delivering effective reservoir management strategies.
- Responsible for defining subsurface uncertainties for risk management and surveillance planning.
- Responsible for updating the ISD as required to deliver the business.
- Support the maintenance of a hopper of opportunities consistent with the strategies outlined in the area depletion plan.
- Ensure that the planning of wells meets BP's NWD common process policies and guidelines.
- They will work with senior geologists and operations teams to support the timely determination of the final well picks for ACG.
- Provide operational support during well execution as needed.
- Contribute to key decisions during well operations including casing point decisions, data acquisition and well correlations.
- Create and maintain subsurface geological maps for their area. This includes structure maps, net sand maps, NTG ratio maps, K and Kh maps.
- Actively share their knowledge and experience through peer-peer coaching.
- Participate in a peer review or assist as a presenter.
- Graduate degree or industry equivalent experience in Geology
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Strong industry track record of at least 5 years in the role of Geologist.
- Able to clearly defend and articulate a high level of geological understanding.
- Experienced in field development and production geology.
- Knowledge of subsurface description, reservoir management, surveillance and risk management planning.
- Experience with well planning and operations.
- Working knowledge of drilling and completion operations.
- Working knowledge of structural geology.
- Demonstrated people skills, with the ability to work in multi-cultural, multidiscipline environment.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, capable of reducing complex problems to manageable entities.