Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR GEOLOGIST
DURATION: 6 MONTHS
The main activities carried out within the role are:
- Provide geological input for the monitoring and analysis of well-by-well performance.
- Build and maintain 3D static reservoir models used to underpin all reservoir development and appraisal activities
- Use geological models as input to development and appraisal well planning
- Integrate data from new development and appraisal wells into the geological understanding of the reservoirs. Team work with the reservoir team to end-up with changes in the static modeling compatible with the dynamic understanding.
- Participate in the seismic 4D interpretation with geophysics and reservoir integrated team
- Provide input for the yearly reserves report
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a detail knowledge of the geology of the Shuaiba/Nahr Umr reservoirs
- Participate in shareholder presentations related to the Shuaiba/Nahr Umr (information and validation processes)
- Promote and participate in the CLIENT geoscience community
- Participate to the consolidation of the geological knowhow in close collaboration with the Geology Head of Discipline.
- Manage transversal organization between Asset / Head of Discipline
- Integrate cost dimension in any decision
- Integrate safety dimension in any decision
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Description of the environment in which the job is performed, in particular the constraints and/or positive/negative drivers applying to the job.
" GSR Asset leader of one of the two main producing asset of CLIENT
" First oil producer in Qatar
" Position in GSR which has a matrix organization. Numerous transverse relations within CLIENT.
" Important (stakes and cost ~15MUSD) studies contracted to third parties, inc. shareholders for Shuaiba/Nahr Umr
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Required experience as follows
" Must hold a BSc in Geology/ Geoscience. Preference also for
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements