Responsible to execute Application /Project specific Test Automation activities. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.Essential Responsibilities:
- Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
- Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
- Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
- Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
- Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry
- Proficiency in Java and Selenium. Good Object-oriented design and coding skills
- Good at database querying
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experienced in Creating, maintaining and executing test plans and test cases
- Experienced in test efforts estimation.
- 3+ years of experience in automated testing.
- Should be able to do manual testing as well.
- Good written and oral communication
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Knowledge on CI/CD concepts, Jenkins and Git.
Bangalore , India