The Staff Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Staff Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team, typically including statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in BHGE.
- Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, and business operations optimization.
- The data scientist will lead engagements with internal/external customers, and develop analytics within defined business objectives to address customer needs and opportunities.
- The work will involve a range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Working with business stakeholders to understand the business problem/requirements and helping define analytic objectives
- Forming hypotheses, exploratory data analysis, generating insights and validating the hypothesis,
- Working with engineering teams to incorporate analyses and solutions, including working with data engine
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- Minimum 8 years analytics development in a commercial setting
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill in modeling techniques, including but not limited to Predictive modeling, Supervised learning, Unsupervised learning, Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling
- Demonstrated skill in analytic prototyping, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
- Strong communication & visualization skills to help stakeholders define requirements, and explaining data science outcomes to non-expert audiences
- Generating insights for a business context
- Strong background in working across teams in a matrixed environment
- High comfort levels with operating in ambiguity
- High levels of curiosity & creativity to drive business impact
Bangalore , India