The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across BHGE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Sr Data Scientist, they will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in BHGE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors.
- Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one.
- Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
- Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
- A minimum of 2 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is required
- A minimum of 2 year of experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with Core Java, Java WebServices development SOAP, REST APIs
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working on Database(s), SQL is required
- Must be willing to travel
- Develop and test data engineering solutions including data modeling, data quality and semantic/meta data development.
- Basic level knowledge in area of modeling expertise (e.g., data, physics, or domain driven). Aware of basic forms of modeling and how they apply to different types of data (e.g., text, voice, image, survival, time dependent, etc.)
- Conducts exploratory data analysis and generates visual summaries of data. Identifies data quality issues.
- Actively identifies needs for novel methods/tools and works with team to invent as necessary. Validates new tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) & the levers that support the business goals.
- Offers data solutions as a method to achieve business objectives.
Bangalore , India