Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Other Skills: Global experience; Customs compliance;
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Manager, the Logistics and Customs Compliance Manager will lead the Company's Global Logistics and Customs process through a network of direct and functional Managers physically located across the globe. They will create and manage operational plans such that rigs/equipment/spares are entered-into and exited globally for all countries of operations in a compliant manner. Responsible for ensuring the continuous supply of equipment and spares to and from rigs across the fleet, so as to allow efficient and continuous operations. Provide technical leadership for these disciplines and recommend/make decisions on programs/initiatives that have a significant impact on business operations.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the Company's Global Logistics program.
- Create/manage operational plans and activities on a global scale resulting in continuous supply of equipment & spares to rigs across the fleet in the most cost effective, time efficient manner.
- Support Commercial and Country Operations by reviewing all potential Contract bids and tenders to ensure Company's import/export obligations are safeguarded from a customs compliance standpoint.
- Conceptualize and implement change management projects within Global logistics. Negotiate and manage global logistics contract's with logistics service providers across the globe.
- Responsible for the performance of the global network of logistics service providers.
- Provide strategic and ensure adherence to the Customs and Compliance process globally.
- Create/manage operational plans and activities on global scale which ensure rigs/equipment/ spares are entered into and exited globally for all countries of operation in a compliant manner.
- Provide technical leadership for the discipline, to resolve complex Customs issues in countries of operation. Provide leadership to determine Customs processes for new countries of operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company Customs activities are conducted in a compliant manner and reduce/eliminate the risks for fines and penalties.
- Create policies and procedures to efficiently manage the Logistics and Compliance functions across the globe.
- Recommend/make changes/decisions on new programs/initiatives which have a positive impact on the Company's efficiency.
- Manage the budget for the function.
- Manage performance of global logistics service provider, by maintaining KPI's and regular reviews to identify areas for corrective action.
- Make decisions, changes and create processes which have a significant business impact in day to day and long-term growth of the company in terms of Customs Compliance and Logistics.
Ideal candidate must have International work experience in Africa, Asia, South America and UK/Europe. Hold a Logistics and/or Supply Chain Professional Qualification. Have extensive experience in global Logistics, Customs Compliance and Supply Chain, and have held a senior management capacity for a significant period. Experience must have been gained working for a drilling contractor or similar offshore service orientated company. Must have experience in building and developing purchasing and procurement strategy. Full understanding of logistics and shipping management including the 3PL relationship. Full understanding of commercial concerns, operational imperatives and decision-making regarding global material sourcing decisions. Clear understanding of corporate operational and financial controls and the internal/external enforcement mechanisms of corporate business ethics. Advanced business and negotiation skills. Supply chain experience within global offshore drilling industry is highly required. Fluent in English (verbal and written) with the ability to work with internal onshore teams and offshore personnel. Support Rig operations. Willingness to travel. Knowledge and experienced with the use of major ERP systems.