JOB DESCRIPTION Domain Champion I JOB DETAILSJob Code 30000027 Grade 14 Function
Production & Completion Department
Innovation & Technology Unit
N/A Reports to
Technology Executive Director JOB DIMENSIONSNumber of Staff supervised Direct Reports
0 Financial Impact in USD
(CAPEX / OPEX / Revenue / Budget)
TBC JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Job holders at this level lead the effective planning and management of technology portfolios and applied research, focusing on process excellence, quality assurance, cross-fertilization with internal and external stakeholders, and environmental and regulatory compliance. They interface with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with the organization's growth strategy, and with external stakeholders to share valuable knowledge and maintain the organization's competitive advantages. They are well-recognized in their domains and contribute to the provision of technical guidance to clients on technological matters.
They also interact with internal and external stakeholders to run the supply chain aspects associated with their roles and might need to interface with clients as needed.
Job holders at this level may (for the short-term) also supervise the execution of laboratory processes and activities to ensure that a timely and reliable service is provided to internal customers.
Job holders at this level are mid-level or experienced professionals working with a noticeable degree of independence, who supervise teams and junior staff in their day-to-day activities and serve as mentors/coaches to them.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESResearch & Development (R&D)
- Provide high-quality input in the development of COMPANY's R&D strategy, in order to ensure the function's achievement of short, medium, and long-term objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of R&D policies, processes, and procedures to ensure all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets, monitor performance and spending against budget, and analyze variances and prepare regular management reports to effectively document findings.
- Mentor and coach the work of junior team members to facilitate capability development, and to ensure the transfer of R&D knowledge and that all work is carried out in an efficient manner and aligned to departmental objectives.
- Support the development of new innovative products by engaging in primary and/or applied research in areas of pertinence to the organization.
- Work on complex problems that impact current products and processes and/or address development issues for future products or technologies.
- Provide technical advice to clients on technological matters, and ensure optimal usage of products and services with input from the Account Management teams, in order to ensure that COMPANY's products and services meet client expectations.
- Define work-plans and approaches and assume responsibility for timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and quality of outputs.
- Conduct advanced research, analyses and studies, and cooperate with research institutions and academia, in order to advance COMPANY's R&D capabilities.
- Enhance the intellectual property leadership of the organization by acquiring and documenting knowledge exclusive to the organization.
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders in order to support COMPANY'S R&D growth strategy.
- Participate in pertinent industry conferences, seminars and conventions to market the company's innovations and technological capabilities, and at the same time keep abreast of developments and innovations in the industry.
- Lead the preparation of reports, papers, presentations, new proposals in order to provide key input and actionable recommendations for sound and strategic decision-making.
- Interpret results provided by junior team members, and prepare more advanced and complex reports related to research projects and summaries of progress for internal and external presentations, in order to communicate results to superiors, while ensuring adherence to defined quality standards.
- Adhere to high process standards by applying principles of the scientific method, documenting and sharing best practices, and engaging with centers of excellence from academia, industry, and specialized organizations.
- Aim to enhance methodologies and techniques, and share knowledge and best practices by supervising junior scientists, ensuring their adherence to high standards, and inviting them to collaborate in initiatives of broader scope.
- Keep abreast of advanced technologies, processes, and discoveries by actively partaking in forums for knowledge acquisition and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIESEducation / Qualifications Required
- Set performance targets for different laboratory teams, and review performance against KPIs on a periodic basis, ensuring satisfactory service to internal (and external) customers.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to subordinates to assist in the resolution of problems.
- Control R&D laboratories' budget, and submit budget requests for all purchases of equipment and services related to laboratories.
- Handle laboratory queries which are more complex in nature, in order to ensure that all the requirements of end-users are fully met.
- Conduct meetings with project owners to further understand internal client requirements.
- Operate complex equipment and machines according to well-defined rules and standards to ensure that the needs of end-users are satisfactorily met.
- Analyze results of experiments, interpret results, and generate insights in order to support the laboratory experiment objectives.
- Maintain awareness of the latest laboratory technologies and test methods, and drive the implementation of new technologies and methods across the function.
- Identify and report obsolete equipment, and recommend the procurement of new equipment in order to ensure its ongoing sustainability and effectiveness.
- Identify, propose and pursue options to optimize laboratory practices and to achieve effectiveness and efficiencies by conducting advanced analyses and studies.
- Comply strictly with all approved safety and occupational health procedures in the laboratories in order to ensure operating in a healthy and safe environment, and report any unsafe behaviors or conditions.
- Develop own professional expertise through optimizing on the job training opportunities and formal professional qualifications and through understanding COMPANY's laboratory policies and procedures in order to be fully competent to undertake own role.
: Bachelor degree in Engineering or any similar discipline Preferred
: MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification from an internationally recognized business school, or relevant Certification in project management (CAPM, Prince2 Foundation etc.) Experience Required
: 9 to 15 years of experience within the Oilfield services or similar sectors. Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of research methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the operational processes and technological innovations in the Oilfield services industry
- Strong knowledge of laboratory set-ups and optimization
- Excellent organizational awareness
- Thorough understanding of the business
- Ability to align research and analysis to business requirements
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Strong analytical and report development skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
The preceding job description is provided for general informational purposes and it is in no way restrictive as to the overall work requirements that may be prescribed by Management. It is intended to be used as a guide only. It has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is neither designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Approvals
Signature & Date
Signature & Date
Human Resources Manager
Signature & Date
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.